Let’s accomplish something great together!
Join Operation Wolverine.
As we prepare for our fall turnaround, our contractor partners are working with the local Building Trade Unions to supply the skilled workforce. If you’re a tradesperson who values safe and respectful worksites and enjoys working in a team environment, please join our turnaround team!
Turnaround Schedule: September 6 to November 5, 2022
Why choose to be part of our team?
• Safety is a core value at Irving Oil and an everyday focus on site that allows everyone to return home safely at the end of each shift
• We offer competitive compensation packages
• You’ll work with a team of industry professionals including unionized skilled building trades
• Attractive shift schedule: six shifts on one shift off (10-hour shifts) base pattern, both days or nights
• On-site busing will be provided for select work locations to reduce walking distances
• Sanitary facilities that are inspected and cleaned regularly
• You'll live and work in Saint John, NB, where you can enjoy restaurants, a friendly community, and local attractions
• You'll be able to take advantage of preferred rates at select hotels when booking your accommodations
• You'll be eligible for safety incentives
For additional information, please contact your local Building Trade Unions or send us an email at [email protected].
How can you sign up?
Contact your local Building Trade Union at:
The origins of the name: Operation Wolverine
Powerful, fearless and versatile, wolverines are tenacious creatures known for their incredible ability to face and overcome significant challenges. This is the mindset and attitude the fall turnaround skilled tradespeople need to perform the Saint John refinery's most significant event of the year.
This set requires use of the arrow keys to navigate each heading instead of the tab key. use the enter key to open the content below the heading
Do you have to be a member of a union to apply?
Yes, to work at Operation Wolverine, you can apply through your local union. Irving Oil also has many career opportunities available here: irvingoil.com/careers.
Do you pay double time for overtime?
Double time will be paid in accordance with the applicable collective agreements governing the work. Please contact your local trade union or any one of our partnering contractors for additional information.
Are you hiring heavy equipment operators?
For heavy equipment operator opportunities, please reach out to the Operating Engineers Union hall.
I’m an experienced tradesperson, however not a member of a union. Can I apply?
All skilled tradespersons for Operation Wolverine are hired by the local union. We suggest reaching out to your local union to express your interest in this opportunity.
Can apprentices apply for the turnaround?
All skilled tradesperson apprentices for Operation Wolverine are hired by the local union. We suggest reaching out to your local union to express your interest in this opportunity.
What days will a tradesperson have off?
The base schedule is six days on and one day off (typically Sunday). This will be determined and confirmed by your supervisor once you are hired.
Do you hire foreign workers already living in Canada?
Irving Oil has many career opportunities available here: irvingoil.com/careers. In addition, you can also contact one of the many local trade unions or any one of our partnering contractors for additional information.
Are you hiring students?
We have completed our student hiring for the season. However, there may be opportunities available through our partnering contractors.