The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States in the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont only and is governed by US law. Do not proceed in this promotion unless you are an adult legal resident of the United States residing in one of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont.
OFFICIAL RULES – IRVING ENERGY 2019 RED SOX TICKETS SWEEPSTAKES (USA)
The Irving Energy 2019 Red Sox Tickets Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Irving Energy ("Irving”) and is administrated by WSP International Limited (the “Administrator”). Irving hereinafter will be referred to as the "Sweepstakes Sponsor". There is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant's ("you" or "your") full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules including the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, which are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any MLB Entity.
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Basic Information: You will automatically be entered into the drawing for a chance to win one (1) of two (2) available prizes of two (2) tickets for one (1) Red Sox game, as described in Rule 5 below, when you link your Irving Rewards card to your Irving Energy account, and are located in one of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont. Any questions, concerns or comments regarding the Sweepstakes can be forwarded in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Irving Energy 2019 Red Sox Tickets Sweepstakes, 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888”.
2. Sweepstakes Dates: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on June 17, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on July 28, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”). The period from the Sweepstakes Start Date through to the Sweepstakes End Date is known as the "Sweepstakes Period".
3. Who Can Enter: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal US residents of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont (the “Sweepstakes Area”) who have reached the age of majority, as of the Sweepstakes Start Date, in the state in which they reside. Employees and immediate family members (living in the same household) of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, contractors, the Administrators, the MLB Entities, are not eligible to enter or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The Sweepstakes is void outside of the Sweepstakes Area and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
4. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes when you link your Irving Rewards Card to your Irving Energy Account, for a chance to win one (1) of two (2) available prizes of two (2) Red Sox tickets, as described in Rule 5. Maximum one (1) entry per person. All eligible entries received will be entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. To link your Irving Rewards card to your Irving Energy Account, go to irvingenergy.com/rewards or contact Irving Energy at 1-888-310-1924.
If you do not have an Irving Rewards card, pick one up free of charge at any participating location and register your card online at theirving.com/rewards. View list of participating locations at www.irvingoil.com/en-US/on-the-road/irving-locations. Only Registered Irving Rewards card members who link their card to their Irving Energy Account will be eligible to win the prize in the Sweepstakes as outlined hereinafter. There is no purchase or fee required to register your Irving Rewards card.
For an Alternate Method of Entry (“Mail-In Entry”) into the prize drawings, send your Name, Address, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, E-mail Address and Irving Rewards card number, clearly printed or typed on a 3” x 5” card or piece of paper to: “Irving Energy 2019 Red Sox Tickets Sweepstakes Mail-In Entry, 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888.” Each Mail In Entry will receive one (1) entry into the draws. Limit one (1) Mail-In Entry per person. Mail-In Entries must be received by July 28, 2019. Mail-In Entries must be complete and legible for entry. Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost, postage due, or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified. Please allow reasonable time for postal processing. If you do not have an Irving Rewards card, pick one up free of charge at any Participating Location, link provided above.
5. Random Drawing: The potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be randomly drawn on or about July 31, 2019 from amongst all eligible entries received, at the office of the Sweepstakes Sponsor. Draw date may be subject to change by Sweepstakes Sponsor. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize Details: There will be two (2) prizes awarded. Each winner will each receive (2) tickets for winner and one (1) guest for the Boston Red Sox home game on September 8, 2019 at Fenway Park. Approximate retail value of each prize is $396.00. Tickets will be available for pickup at will-call at Fenway Park on the date of the game. TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED.
Each winner and his/her guest are responsible for travel to and from Fenway Park and all expenses incurred at the Boston Red Sox game, unless specified herein. Seat locations at the game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sweepstakes Sponsor. Each winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the prize. Sweepstakes Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition tickets.
7. Notification and Redemption: If you have been drawn as a selected potential winner, the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrator will notify you via e-mail and / or phone using the information provided in the entry or associated with your Irving Energy account. If the selected potential winner does not respond to the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s or Administrator’s notification within five (5) days of the notification and the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrator has made three (3) separate contact attempts, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner, time permitting, will be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries received. As a condition of awarding any prize, potential winners must have completed, within three (3) days of receipt, the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s Statement of Compliance, Release, and Indemnity Agreement (“Release Form”) under which, among other matters, each individual potential winner confirms his/her compliance and eligibility with these Official Rules and releasing the Sweepstakes Sponsor, Administrators, the MLB Entities, each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and the directors, officers, partners, dealers, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from and against any and all liability arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize (or any portion thereof). Each individual potential winner must also provide proof of identity to a valid representative of the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators. If a potential winner fails to return the required documents and provide proof of identity in accordance with these Official Rules, or is found to have violated the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes in any way, or if any prize or prize notification from the Sweepstakes Sponsor is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question. In the case of forfeit, the Sweepstakes Sponsor may hold a random drawing, time permitting, to select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries received.
Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prize award. All costs and expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Sponsor and MLB Entities to use the winner's name, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any media without limitation and without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The name of the prize winners may be published on www.irvingenergy.com.
9. Odds: Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) Prize per person, family or household.
10. Restrictions: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Sweepstakes: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (2) non-compliance with these Official Rules; and (3) any other act which the Sweepstakes Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes.
11. Privacy: Sweepstakes Sponsor will be collecting personal data about you for the administration of the Sweepstakes and for purposes of internal market research. No such personal data will be transferred or sold to any third party except in the following circumstances:
• when you give us permission to do so;
• when, in good faith, we believe the law requires disclosure;
• to affiliated companies, provided that our affiliated companies and their agents and advisors and their respective employees are restricted from using the information for any other purpose other than as described in these Official Rules; and
• to our respective agents for data processing purposes, our respective professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies, provided that such agents, professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as described in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Sponsor may match aggregated, statistical use information to parameters established by third parties, without releasing user information. This information will not contain any personally identifiable information. Sweepstakes Sponsor may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded sites, participating sponsors and advertisers; however, this aggregated information will not contain personally identifiable information.
12. Winners’ List: The name of the winners will be available until July 31, 2020 by emailing [email protected] and include with you request “Irving Energy 2019 Red Sox Tickets Sweepstakes Winners List”.
13. General Terms and Conditions: This Sweepstakes is void outside the Sweepstakes Area and where prohibited by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By accepting any prize, winners acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Sponsor and MLB Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any representations, guarantees or warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, regarding any awarded prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability or mechanical condition. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD THE SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR, ADMINSITRATOR, MLB ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, FULFILLMENT AGENCIES AND LEGAL ADVISORS (COLLECTIVELY THE "RELEASED PARTIES"), HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, EVEN IF CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. This release and waiver is intended to be as broad as the law allows. All entries become the property of Sweepstakes Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s Servers or from any other Internet web site, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sweepstakes Sponsor, or a third party.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, no matter the cause; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents,; (v) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; or (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or (vii) any other causes beyond Sweepstakes Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause(s) beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes.
As a condition of entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, controversies or causes of action arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded (each, a “Claim”), shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any other proceeding involving a Claim of any other party; and (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waived all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Total approximate retail value of all available prizes is $792.00.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Irving Energy, 10 King Square South, Saint John NB, Canada, E2L 0G3.
Administrator: WSP International Limited, P.O. Box 3009, M.I.P., Markham, ON, Canada, L3R 6G4.